The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

With my own two sons...


Enriquito LOVES the music from the Curious George movie, and so we listen to it quite often. The other night I watched as my sweet boy, who loves to slow dance with his "papi", rested his cheek on Enrique's shoulder. They danced and it was a tender moment. The song they danced to is called "With my own two hands". Here are the lyrics:

I can change the world
With my own two hands
Make it a better place
With my own two hands
Make it a kinder place
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands
I can make peace on earth
With my own two hands
I can clean up the earth
With my own two hands
I can reach out to you
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands
I'm going to make it a brighter place
With my own two hands
I'm going to make it a safer place
With my own two hands
I'm going to help the human race
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands
I can hold you
With my own two hands
I can comfort you
With my own two hands
But you've got to use
Use your own two hands
Use your own
Use your own two hands
With our own
With our own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands

As I watched them dance and as I was listening to the song, I started to substitute the word "hands" with "sons". It made me reflect upon the beautiful blessing my children are as well as the awesome responsibility and priviledge I have in being their momma. Mommas get to wipe noses, clean bottoms, and feed hungry bellies...., you know, the essentials...but they get to do so much more...they get to mold and form souls:) We get to teach them right from wrong, and what it means not so much to be happy, but what it means to be virtuous and holy. This is how mommas get to change the world, through their children!

Yes indeed,God help me, I'm gonna help the human race,

with my own two sons!

No comments: