There he is! Yes indeed, this little cowboy came to my rescue this afternoon ..or maybe I should say our rescue! Upon coming home from a lovely outing to our little farm in Montgomery, I parked the car and brought Enriquito inside the house first. Then I closed the door and went back outside to grab Gerardito. I've got the baby on my hip, and as I go to open the door, lo and behold...it's locked...yep , with Enriquito, my cell phone and keys inside and me and the babe outside. I've got this habit of locking the door every time I shut it..without thinking, it's just habit. I thought, "Don't panic..if worse comes to worse you can just climb in through a window somehow..you've done it before!" So here we are and I am trying to figure out how I am going to explain to my little 2 year old how to unlock the door.. you see, he doesn't know the word "door knob" nor does he know the phrase, "little thingy on the door knob that you have to turn in order to unlock". So, I said a quick prayer, called my son to come to the door (thankfully he was in the kitchen) and began saying, "Dale vuelta, mijito, vuelta, vuelta, vuelta a la cosita esa!"..spanish for "turn , turn, turn, that little thingy"..yeah, 'cause I have no clue how to say "door knob" in Spanish, much less "little thingy". So we go at it for about a minute and sure enough, my little cutie figures it out! I open the door and he greets me with a big smile! The best part is that he had no clue we had been in a bit of a predicament. He wasn't worried one bit...and I'm just glad I didn't have to come in through the window!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
My little hero
There he is! Yes indeed, this little cowboy came to my rescue this afternoon ..or maybe I should say our rescue! Upon coming home from a lovely outing to our little farm in Montgomery, I parked the car and brought Enriquito inside the house first. Then I closed the door and went back outside to grab Gerardito. I've got the baby on my hip, and as I go to open the door, lo and behold...it's locked...yep , with Enriquito, my cell phone and keys inside and me and the babe outside. I've got this habit of locking the door every time I shut it..without thinking, it's just habit. I thought, "Don't panic..if worse comes to worse you can just climb in through a window somehow..you've done it before!" So here we are and I am trying to figure out how I am going to explain to my little 2 year old how to unlock the door.. you see, he doesn't know the word "door knob" nor does he know the phrase, "little thingy on the door knob that you have to turn in order to unlock". So, I said a quick prayer, called my son to come to the door (thankfully he was in the kitchen) and began saying, "Dale vuelta, mijito, vuelta, vuelta, vuelta a la cosita esa!"..spanish for "turn , turn, turn, that little thingy"..yeah, 'cause I have no clue how to say "door knob" in Spanish, much less "little thingy". So we go at it for about a minute and sure enough, my little cutie figures it out! I open the door and he greets me with a big smile! The best part is that he had no clue we had been in a bit of a predicament. He wasn't worried one bit...and I'm just glad I didn't have to come in through the window!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is awesome, Veronica! How cool that he figured it out.
Also, thank you for your very helpful comment about adoption on our blog.
Way to go, Enriquito!
Tenia que ser el mero mero wuchis!!
Post a Comment