The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Making his father proud...

Before Enrique left, he reminded Enriquito to take care of me ...that he would be the "man" of the house while he was gone and that it was important for him to make sure that I was well taken care of. Even though Enriquito is only 3 (well 3 weeks shy of being 4) he takes everything his father says very seriously. This morning I got a glimpse of Enriquito as "man" and caretaker of his mother. After Gerardito (for no reason at all) pointed his finger at me with defiance and said, "No, mami!!"....

Enriquito replied, "Palito, asi no le hablamos a Mami...Mami es una mujer y le hablamos con amor...Mami es la esposa de Papi y la quiere mucho...tienes que hablarle con amor..dale un besito a mami."

Translation: "Palito, we do not talk to Mami that way..Mami is a woman and should be spoken to with love...Mami is Papi's wife and he loves her very much...you must speak to her with love...give Mami a kiss."

Well said, dear son...thank you for protecting your mother..you have made your father proud...and your mother, well... I feel loved :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is soooooo sweet!

Hi Veronica. My name is Beverly and I'm a friend of Blair's. She has told me many wonderful things about you and your sweet boys.

I don't have a blog but just drop in on some of my friends who do, and occasionally check the other blogs listed in their sidebars. I can tell from yours you are a devoted wife and mommy. I look forward to meeting you in person when you get back to Montgomery County!

Blessings to your family,
Beverly Kloesel