The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Monday, January 11, 2010

My little helpers and farm fun...

Yesterday morning Fernandito woke up early and went looking for his brothers who were still asleep. I was still in bed and dozed back to sleep. Suddenly I wake up because I hear Enriquito in my closet where I suspect that he is dressing Fernandito. I ask him what he is doing and he proceeds to tell me that indeed he is dressing his little brother. At this point I am a bit curious how he is going about this little task and so I ask him if Fernandito has gone to the bathroom and if he no longer has his nightime diaper on but underwear instead....Enriquito confidently reassures me that he not only has he taken his brother's diaper off, but he has taken him to the bathroom, thrown the diaper in the trash and put clean underwear on him. Here I am laying in bed thinking, "wow, this is a pretty good deal!"

This is just one example of the kind of help I get from Enriquito on a daily basis...he is wonderful in this way...he helps me the most because he is the oldest but the other little guys help me with little chores as well. In the mornings they bring me their dirty clothes from the hamper and help me place it in the washer..Fernandito helps as well, even if he is only carrying two articles of clothing! As I am taking the clothes out of the dryer, they bring me hangers and are able to put up their clothes themselves. With little Santiago coming here in a few weeks, it sure is nice to have this extra help!

*******

On another note, we spent much of our weekend over at Little Way Farm. Well, I had Saturday off while Enrique went with the boys to pick up our new little treasured bull whom the boys call, "Red Bull". I caught up with them later that afternoon at the farm to officially meet "Red Bull", and watch my boys play around on the farm which will soon be our home. Here are a couple of pics and a video....

My crew


My little guys


"Red Bull"



And Enriquito is on top of the world now that he gets to drive this thing around...

No comments: