The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Now that we've been here 3 months...

....it still hasn't "hit" me yet. And I think that is a good thing. Don't get me wrong..I do miss family and I am looking forward to getting back home in a couple of months, but I guess this transition has been a very smooth one. And it has actually been more positive than I could have imagined. I guess I just told myself before coming over here that it would be like a Lenten journey while we were here..a couple of years in the desert, and then we would get to return home and it would be like a huge Easter celebration! But I imagined the Lenten journey would be much more strenuous than it has been, and yet the Lord has been merciful and very gracious indeed. He has blessed me with many consolations and has shown me that He has given us so much to be grateful for. For one thing, I have met so many people working here from India, Pakistan and the Philipines that are nowhere near as fortunate as myself. Many of these men (and women) come here to work so that they can send money home to their families...children and wives that they see once a year for maybe a month. And what is amazing to me, is that many of these workers (who get paid so little) are very grateful to have the work that they have here...because it is a means to provide for their families. And so it seems to me after being here this short while, that I can hardly consider this a Lenten journey...no, Lenten it is not. And especially now that we have entered this Easter season, I can only rejoice and marvel at our awesome God, a God who promises to always be with us on the journey, nomatter what may come our way. Happy Easter to every one, and may the Risen Lord be your hope and inspiration as you each travel on your own journeys!