The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I woke up this morning

at 5am...not because my kids woke me up, but because my husband is coming home today..I just couldn't sleep anymore....I was reminded of my childhood when I would wake up early in excitement of my first day of school (yes, I admit that I was one of those kids who had everything packed and ready to go like 3 weeks before school started) In my excitement, and in my inability to sleep I decided to declare this day a feast day, no better yet, I declared it a family Solemnity...I knew that today would be a day of great celebration..Enriquito has been looking forward to today knowing that he will get to watch a movie with his Papi and eat special desserts and all sorts of fun treats like that....so then I thought, but a true Solemnity must be celebrated with Holy Mass..so that is exactly what we did...this morning I took my crew to morning mass and I even got to go to confession beforehand!..Yes, a true Solemnity, indeed. God is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Estoy aqui en Dallas y llegue bien. Gracias por tus palabras en tu blog - me llenaron el corazon. Te quiero mucho y espero darte un abrazote a ti y a los ninos al llegar al aeropuerto. Siempre, Enrique

Colleen said...

I love the idea of declaring a day a solemnity. I'm going to remember that one!