The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My little singer...

My boys love to sing...especially Enriquito. These past few weeks Enrique has been singing the boys to sleep...A couple of weeks ago I remember lying in bed with the baby in my room and hearing Enrique singing to the boys in the other room. He was singing "Pescador de Hombres". What struck me was that I could tell the boys were singing with him. It was both comical and sweet at the same time.

Both of the boys now know the song so I decided to get a clip of Gerardito singing. Most will probably not understand a word he is saying partly because it is in Spanish but mostly because it is coming from a fidgety 2 year old, so I will provide you with lyrics below...The part in parenthesis he left out:

Señor, me has mirado a los ojos,
sonriendo (has dicho mi nombre),
en la arena he dejado mi barca,
junto a ti buscaré otro mar.


English translation:
O, Lord, with your eyes set upon me,
gently smiling, you have spoken my name;
all I longed for I have found by the water,
at your side, I will seek other shores.


2 comments:

Roxanna said...

ay veroooooooooo jajaj que hermosisisismo!!!
Ayer gerardo estaba hablando con enrique y enriquito nos la canto tambien. Se oye hermoso! =)

Clarissa said...

That melted my heart!