So Enrique is coaching Enriquito and Gerardito's T-ball team, the "Yankees" this Fall. We are allowed to hold practices wherever we want, so we figured why not right here on Little Way Farm? Enrique got busy and built a little field in one of the cows' pastures. Complete with spray painted lines from home to first and third to home, I'd have to say the field is not too bad. Yesterday was the boys' first practice and it went well. All the moms sat on the back porch and the dads went out to help Enrique.
Pictured above are the boys running the bases. Gerardito is the little guy running to third and Enriquito is in the maroon shirt at home plate (click on pic to get a closer view). I wish I would have gotten more pictures of their first practice but I was busy visiting with the moms seeing if any one of them would be interested in being Team Mom...time got away from me...and from Enrique too, for that matter. After an hour had passed and there was no sign that the men were wrapping practice up, I had to get their attention some how. So, instead of screaming Enrique's name from the back porch, I did the next best logical thing. I picked up a heavy iron cow bell, rang it a couple of times, and that was enough to get Enrique's attention and he realized that meant practice was over!
I will make sure to get some better pictures of the boys tomorrow at their 2nd practice. The first game is sometime the week of the 27th. Let the fun begin!!
1 comment:
LOVE everything...down to the cowbell! God bless you all in your new home (and on the ball field)
Beverly
Post a Comment