The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Friday, January 5, 2007

A Place Prepared By God

It's been a while since I have written..as many of you know we've been pretty busy getting ready for our move to Qatar. I'd like to take a moment to reflect in the midst of the all the busyness just how we ended up making this decision. I'd like to take a moment to remember just how this all started...

When Enrique first brought up the possibility that Exxon might offer him a position overseas, he mentioned several places..Australia, Norway, Indonesia, Qatar...I had never heard of Qatar so when I asked him where it was, I thought to myself, "No way!" I had no desire to move to the desert..I just couldn't imagine our family living there. Well, months passed and I really didn't think that they would offer him a position...until on August 15th, 2006 I got a phone call. It was Enrique calling to inform me that he had been offered a position in Qatar. I thought ... O.K ..."when do we have to tell them by?" We had two weeks to decide. That evening we went to mass as it was the Feast of Our Lady of the Assumption. It was there that I felt a real peace about going to "the desert."

As I watched Enrique ( with Palito in his arms) go up to do the first reading I felt a beautiful peace as I heard him read from the book of Revelation:

"She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne. The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared be God, that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days." -Rev. 12:5-6

I don't think that it was mere coincidence that Enrique was offered this job in Qatar on August 15th....not at all. The Good God knows how to ease my mind..He not only eased my mind, but He calmed my heart from any anxieties I had. I know for certain now that God has prepared a place for us in the desert. What a loving Father we have.

No comments: