The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Thursday, May 17, 2007

At least once a day...

... Enriquito comes up to me, gives me a hug and a kiss and says, "Te quiero mucho, mami!"...on his own...with such a simple joy in his little heart. And every time he does, even though he really does it quite often, I am surprised..yes, joyfully surprised...and I don't know why this kind of always catches me off guard. I mean, I know the kid loves me, right ( what 2 year old does not absolutely adore his momma?), but nevertheless I think what gets me is that when he tells me that he loves me...every time he says it, there is such a sincerity in his heart, a truthfulness..he means it and I know he does. As adults we so often can utter words of affection to another out of habit or in a rush when we are running out the door, without giving it much thought. With Enriquito, I know this is not habit, at least not yet...and I appreciate this little gift from him because through his endearing words and actions, he personifies Christ to me... he shows me this is the way my Lord loves me, with an everlasting and a "never just in passing" kind of love......and I am very grateful that He uses Enriquito to send me His kisses.

No comments: