The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Saturday, May 12, 2007

To all mothers out there....


"The most important person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral---a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body ... The angels have not been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God's creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mother's are closer to God the Creator than any other creature; God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation.... what on God's good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother?"

-Joseph Cardinal Mindszenty

In a world that terribly undervalues the beauty and Heavenly gift of motherhood, it is so refreshing to hear these words. I am so grateful to have two little ones (and one on the way!) that remind me of this truth every day. The other day, I was laying down with Enriquito and he was just talking away. As I listened, I noticed that he would throughout his sentences say "Mami", and every time he would call me by my name, my heart would just smile. I think this is because before he was born, I longed so much for the day when I would hear him utter that word...and as I layed there with him, I wondered if when he was 15 years old, if my heart would still rejoice in the same way...something tells me it will....in fact, I have no doubt that it will, thanks be to God!

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely women...may the good God bless each and every one of you!

3 comments:

Lillian said...

Happy Mother's Day Veronica!

Blair said...

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to you, Veronica!

Anonymous said...

Comadre felicidades en el día de las madres!...Mirtha