The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Monday, October 29, 2007

All Hallow's Eve....

That's what we'll be celebrating in a couple of days! Enriquito has no clue what in the world Halloween is and this will be the first year we take him "trick or treating". I bought some material yesterday for the boys and have been making their costumes today. Enriquito will be St. Francis of Assisi, and well, I haven't quite decided who Gerardito will be...St. Padre Pio, St. Anthony of Padua..???? we're open to suggestions here! I was trying to explain to Enriquito today why I was making him a costume and what/who we were going to be celebrating and honoring that day. I looked up some info on the internet and found some pretty interesting info...

"The word itself, "Halloween," actually has its origins in the Catholic Church. It comes from a contracted corruption of All Hallows Eve. November 1, "All Hollows Day" (or "All Saints Day"), is a Catholic day of observance in honor of saints."

I was able to snap some pictures of Enriquito in his unfinished costume (I still need to sew his hood on)..for those of you who would like to get a foretaste of the fun that lies ahead! (Oh, and please forgive the bright red boxer briefs shining ever so brightly through good 'ole St. Francis's garment...I can assure you that will not be an issue when he goes out trick or treating!)








Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting




*** By the way, I didn't ask Enriquito to kiss the crucifix on his rosary...he just kind of did it on his own..looks like he will play the part of St. Francis well :)

4 comments:

Roxanna said...

cossssiiiiiiitas!!!!! Se ve hermoso Vero! jajaja. Oye alla si van los ninos trick or treating??

Colleen said...

That's adorable! I wish I had that much confidence in my sewing abilities. I'm afraid to start a project like that because it would probably take me weeks to complete!

Blair said...

Just precious! I can't wait to see pics of the saintly boys together :)

Em said...

Love the costumes, Veronica. I don't dress up our kids for All Saints because the last time I did all the staples fell out and they cried. Sigh. I think maybe next All Saints I am going to order saints costumes.... then I can have pictures to rival all you super achieving Catholic mamas;)!
Oh well. We'll have cake and fun things and the kids won't be the wiser. Ssshhhhh. Don't talk to loudly about dressing up.