The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Who says little boys can't bake??

I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy or being back in my own kitchen, but I have been baking a lot these days...the list includes empanadas, two different kinds of muffins, chocolate chip cookies and today, I made some cinnamon rolls with Enriquito.... Fear not , people, I have not kept these goodies to myself..I have either given them to a neighbor or had Enrique take them to his staff meetings.

Nevertheless, I thought it would be nice to have Enriquito help me with the baking since I knew he would get a kick out of it. So today, I pulled out an old recipe book of mine from when I was a kid:

The Alpha-Bakery Children's Cookbook. Oh, I have such fond memories of childhood when I would use this recipe book to bake with my mom or with my friends. And so today, for no other reason than we happened to have all of the ingredients, Enriquito and I made these:

"E is for Elephant Ears"--- which are none other than cinnamon rolls...the funny part is that I didn't know that they were cinnamon rolls until we were in the last phase of prepping them and about to put them in the oven...I just thought they were some kind of bread that happened to have cinnamon as one of the ingredients!

Well anyways folks, we had fun and the recipe produced a whopping 4 elephant ears so I had one and the boys shared one...in the following video, you will see the remaining two:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had that book!! My favorite thing to make was J - Jelly Roll I think :). Oh, such fond memories too!!

Clarissa said...

QUe rico!!!!!

gerardo said...

I bet Enrique ate the other two!