The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Saturday, May 10, 2008

A lovely Mother's Day...

a little early! Here in Qatar, since our weekends are Friday/ Saturday..I got to celebrate my Mother's Day one day early..which worked out just fine because in Mexico it is always on May 10th anyway :)

It was a lovely day.. We woke up and got the kids ready for mass...and I told Enrique what I really wanted for Mother's Day was some pictures of me with the boys (since I'm usually behind the camera) Right before heading off to mass we took some pics in the back yard...here's what we got...



Have I mentioned how hard it is to get pictures of the boys??? Regardless, it was worth it!

Continuing with my day, after taking the pictures, we headed off to mass. The boys were extremely well-behaved which made for a happy mom! After mass, since Gerardito fell asleep in the van, Enrique dropped me off at a DVD/book store so that I could browse peacefully and "get myself something nice"while he stayed in the car with the boys...I browsed and browsed, found nothing for myself but did find something for Enrique and the boys..that was fun! Made my purchases and then we headed over to Johnny Rockets, our favorite place to eat after mass on Saturdays. Boy do they have the best hamburgers! And then we had one more stop on our way home. .. a jewelry store so that I could buy my "Mother's Day gift"... a watch. Enrique once again dropped me off...he had van duty...and as I closed the van door he shouted out, "Get yourself a nice one!"...Honestly, I just wanted to get myself a nice practical watch for daily use...and boy was I having a hard time finding that...most of the watches were pretty fancy-smanshy ($500+), and I was kind of in a hurry since I didn't want to leave Enrique in the van by himself with a bunch of restless kiddos so I bought the first one I found that was reasonably priced...


(I got her in pink so that I would always remember it was my Mother's Day gift!)

Lovely pink, lovely Mother's day..and I wish all mother's who have yet to celebrate a lovely day as well...God's blessing be upon each one of you...I love you, Mom!

1 comment:

Blair said...

What beautiful pictures and sounds like a beautiful day! You look wonderful and we can't wait to see those sweet smiles this summer! Thank you SO much for my wonderful Mother's Day gift. You are such a wonderful friend and amazing mother! Happy Mother's Day to you too!