The Lord bless you and keep you! The Lord let His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look kindly upon you and give you His peace!

-Numbers 6: 24-26

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Teaching him lessons on respect and sharing...

This morning the boys were eating some Raisin Bran for breakfast. Enriquito was sitting at their little table in the living room and I had Gerardito in my lap, along with the baby in our big rocking chair. I was feeding Gerardito because when he tries to feed himself cereal, most of it usually ends up on his shirt or somewhere other than his mouth...needless to say, I was doing some preventative maintenance by feeding him myself. Since I was rocking the baby at the same time, I didn't want any of the milk to spill from the bowl, so I quickly sipped some of the excess milk out of the bowl(more preventative maintenance). I wasn't trying to take the kids cereal, but being your typical toddler, Gerardito interpreted it as such, and responded with a , "Nooooooooooooo".....you know those long no's with a fluctuated voice.

Apparently, at this point Enriquito felt the need to kindly step in:

Enriquito(kindly): Palito, no le hablamos asi a Mama..hay que hablarle bien. (Palito, we don't talk to mom like that, we have to speak nicely)

Gerardito (with obedience): Si, Wuchis.

Enriquito (furthering his lesson): Tambien hay que aprender a compartir, porque siempre es bueno compartir. ( Also, we must learn to share, because it is always good to share)

Gerardito (with more obedience): Si, Wuchis.

Enriquito(feeling the need to ensure that the lesson had been learned): OK, Palito????

Gerardito (with steadfast and unheard of obedience): OK, Wuchis!


Really, I should leave this raising kids stuff to Enriquito because he seems to know just what to say.....maybe I should ask him for a few pointers..or ask him where he got those great lines he used on Gerardito... ;)